Your teeth may get damaged over time. This can happen due to several factors, including tooth decay, trauma, or regular use. The shape and size of your teeth may decline. Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over your natural tooth. Consider it a tooth-tightening cap. The crown enhances the tooth's shape, size, strength, and appearance. The dental crown is a cap that is cemented into place and covers the visible part of your tooth.
What is a Dental Crown?
Before we get into the details, it's important to understand what a dental crown is?
A dental crown is an ideal choice for restoring a tooth that has been damaged in some way, and it has several advantages over other treatments. Dental crowns are a form of restorative dental appliance used to cover a damaged or fragile tooth. It serves as a cap, providing it with the security it requires to rebuild its strength. It appears to be your natural teeth and conceals the damaged tooth to improve your appearance.
The Advantages of Crowns
- The entire procedure is straightforward and permanent.
- It firmly holds a dental bridge in place.
- Crowns can also help you keep your teeth following a root canal.
- It hides a dental implant.
- You can chew, speak, and eat again.
- When compared to other restoration techniques, this dental practice has a high success rate.
- It can hold even the smallest pieces of your damaged tooth together.
- Crowns can be used to support a weak tooth or to repair a fractured tooth.
- Crown treatment is minimally invasive and reduces tooth sensitivity.
- Crowns can hide teeth that have a huge filling, don't have many teeth, or are excessively stained.
- It is an excellent cosmetic adjustment for a more confident and bright grin.
Are You a Suitable Candidate For This Treatment?
Those who have a damaged or missing tooth in their front row of teeth are embarrassed to laugh or speak freely. When they visit our dentist at Salt Lake Dental
, they are advised to get dental crowns installed. These dental restorative items conceal a broken tooth and replace lost teeth, but are you a good candidate for dental crowns? Here are some particular considerations that may assist our dentist in determining whether this treatment option is appropriate for you:
- When it comes to dentists, they will completely examine your teeth. If you have a decaying tooth that has previously been filled, your dentist may recommend dental crowns. However, if your tooth is severely decaying, your dentist may decide to take it.
- In the instance of lost teeth, your dentist will provide you with a dental implant as well as a crown to cover it. It will improve your smile while also protecting your teeth.
- If your teeth are badly stained or discolored, dental crowns may be required to cover the afflicted areas.
If you are experiencing pain as a result of a chipped or broken tooth, your dentist will place a dental crown on that tooth. However, other solutions, such as dental veneers and bonding, may be considered by your dentist.
We hope that this blog has helped provide you with essential information regarding dental crowns. Get in touch with us at Salt Lake Dental if you are looking for the best dental crowns in Salt Lake City, UT
. We will take care of all of your dental needs and provide you with the best dental care.