Get Your Wisdom Tooth Extracted In Salt Lake City, Sugar House UT
Wisdom teeth are the third and the last molars on each side of the upper and lower jaw. They usually appear when a person is in their late twenties. A wisdom that partially emerges or appears crooked can result in immense pain in the jaw. This is where the wisdom tooth extraction comes into play.
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical process of removing one or more wisdom teeth from the jaw. At Salt Lake Dental, we recommend wisdom extraction surgery in order to provide relief to the patients from intense pain and suffering.
If a wisdom tooth doesn’t have enough space to grow, it results in immense pain, infection, and other kinds of dental problems. It is in such a circumstance, wisdom tooth extraction becomes an absolute necessity. Our experienced dentists and oral surgeons have years of experience in treating patients residing in Salt Lake City & Sugar House UT and its neighboring areas.
Why Is Wisdom Teeth Extraction Done?
Wisdom teeth generally appear in people aged between 17 to 25. In some people, wisdom teeth appear normally, while some face intense pain. The pain is caused when a wisdom tooth doesn’t get enough space to erupt in the mouth. An impacted wisdom tooth can grow in the following ways -
- At an angle towards the adjacent tooth.
- At an angle towards the back of the mouth.
- At a right angle to the other teeth.
Some major problems caused by an impacted wisdom tooth are as follows –
- Intense pain.
- Traps food and debris behind the wisdom tooth.
- Causes infection or gum disease.
- Tooth decay in partially erupted wisdom tooth.
- Severe damage to a nearby tooth or surrounding bone.
- Development of a cyst around the tooth.
Wisdom teeth removal procedure is done in our office. We understand how important wisdom teeth removal procedure is and what is the best treatment for the patient. You are just required to visit us for the best services.
In cases of extreme emergency, we prefer a surgical approach. We make the area numb by local anesthesia so that our patients don’t feel any kind of pain during the surgery. We may even suggest sedation to make the patients more comfortable during the procedure.
What Can You Expect During A Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
At Salt Lake Dental, we are dedicated to taking care of the comfort level of the patients. This is the reason why we always opt for anesthesia during the course of the treatment. Depending on the complexity of the wisdom tooth removal procedure, we implement the following techniques –
- Local Anesthesia – We administer local anesthesia using one or more injections near the wisdom tooth, which is required to be extracted. During the tooth extraction procedure, you will experience movements near your teeth but you will never experience any kind of pain.
- Sedation Anesthesia – If our dentists see that local anesthesia is not working for you, then they opt for sedation anesthesia during the wisdom tooth removal procedure. In this process, a sedative is inserted through the veins of the patient so that they lose consciousness.
- General Anesthesia – In extreme cases, our dentists use general anesthesia. Patients in such a situation will have no track of the wisdom tooth extraction procedure. Also, they will not experience any pain.
During wisdom tooth extraction, we follow the following steps –
- Make an incision in the gum tissue to expose the tooth and bone.
- Remove the bones that block access to the tooth root.
- Divide the tooth into sections.
- Remove the tooth
- Clean the region of the extracted tooth.
- Stitch the wound closed to promote healing.
- Places gauze over the extraction site to control bleeding.
What To Do After The Procedure Gets Completed?
As you heal from the surgery, you should make sure to follow each and every instruction of our dentist. In this way, you will always get the best results.
- Bleeding – There may be some blood loss during the first day of the wisdom tooth extraction procedure. Try to avoid excessive spitting.
- Pain Management – You may tend to experience intense pain in your teeth after the tooth extraction surgery. Thus to mitigate pain, you must use only the prescribed pain relievers.
- Swelling and Bruising – Swelling and bruising is a common effect of a wisdom tooth extraction procedure. To avoid such a situation, you can try applying ice packs on the jaw.
- Cleaning The Mouth – After the wisdom tooth removal procedure is completed, you must make sure not to brush your teeth within the first 24 hours. Instead, try rinsing your mouth or washing it with mouthwash.
Why Is Salt Lake Dental The Best Place For A Wisdom Tooth Removal Surgery in Sugar House, Salt Lake & Nearby Areas?
If you are experiencing immense pain in your jaw due to a wisdom tooth, then it is high time for you to get it extracted. We are a team of expert dentists serving the residents of Salt Lake City and Sugar House for many years. Our highly-motivated dentists not only offer the best services but also treat them with the utmost care.
Therefore, if you are searching for the best dentists to get your wisdom tooth extracted, then we can definitely help you out. We have the experience, as well as, the skill to treat all patients near Salt Lake County with sheer dedication.
You can dial our number
or can shoot us a mail at
to book an appointment in case of a dental emergency. You can also visit us directly at
2120 S 700 E suite i, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, United States
. We assure you that our emergency dentists will treat your wisdom tooth with complete dedication.