Suffering From Toothache Or Infection?
Root Canal Therapy For Tooth Pain In Salt Lake City, Sugar House UT
Visit Salt Lake Dental Today!
Root canal therapy is the process of repairing and saving a badly damaged or infected tooth instead of extracting it. The process of root canal therapy involves removing the infected or damaged area of the tooth and then cleaning and disinfecting it.
The root canal procedure involves a number of steps. The patients may be required to visit us at Salt Lake Dental more than once. But the good news is, there is no pain involved. Before beginning the treatment our dentists follow the following steps –
- We take X-rays for getting a clear view of the tooth and its surrounding bone.
- We then numb the tooth and the area around it so that the patients feel comfortable during the course of the treatment.
- Lastly, we put a thin sheet of latex rubber over the tooth for keeping it dry, clean and protect from the attack of viruses, bacteria, and fungus.
How Is The Root Canal Procedure Performed?
Though the word "root canal" may sound confusing, yet it is one of the simplest procedures. At Salt Lake Dental, our dentists are highly adept at performing root canal therapies and are known to provide affordable root canal treatment in Salt Lake City.
Our expert dentists have been taking care of patients in and around Salt Lake City, Sugar House, and its surrounding areas for quite some time now. During the course of the treatment, our dentists follow these steps –
- Examine the affected tooth and its X-Rays.
- Administer local anesthesia into the affected tooth.
- Place a dental dam over the affected tooth for isolating it and keeping it safe from saliva.
- Make an opening through the back of a front tooth or the crown of a molar or pre-molar for removing the affected pulp.
- Clean the pulp chambers and root canals for preparing the filling.
- Fill the canal with some kind of gutta percha material.
Our patients often feel worried when they hear the word “Root Canal”. These days, with the advent of advanced anesthesia options and surgical procedures, a root canal therapy is as comforting as a dental filling. In simple words, there is no need for the patients to get tensed during a root canal therapy. Our dentists will take care of everything.
What Are The Benefits Of A Root Canal Procedure?
A root canal is necessary when the inner portions of the root pulp become inflamed or infected. Trauma or severe tooth decay are the major reasons behind it. A root canal therapy can be highly useful in such a situation. Some core benefits of the root canal therapy are as follows –
- Helps Mitigate Pain - Root canal helps in mitigating the excruciating pain that the patients experience during a trauma or tooth decay. After the successful completion of the procedure, the patients no longer need an ice pack for countering pain.
- Prevents Bacteria From Spreading – The only goal of a root canal therapy is to prevent the growth of infection-causing bacteria. A cleaning solution is used to thoroughly clean the bacteria and prevents it from breeding.
- Prevents Abscess From Spreading – Abscess is a type of gum infection. Root canal halts the formation of the abscess in the infected tooth
- Tooth Extraction Is Not Required – Unlike tooth extraction, the root canal procedure leaves the patients with natural biting force and sensation. And in a few days after the treatment, chewing, biting, etc. also becomes normal.
- Improves The Chewing Power - Chewing becomes efficient since the root canal procedure saves the tooth from being extracted.
- Protects The Adjacent Tooth - Root canal not only protects the affected tooth but also the adjacent tooth from the attack of infection-causing bacteria.
Why Should You Visit Our Office For A Root Canal Treatment?
We are a team of highly motivated dentists carrying out the root canal procedure for many years. Under the guidance of Dr. B. Tysen Carter, we have achieved positive reviews and accolades from our patients spread all over Utah.
We always put our best possible effort so that our patients never get a chance to complain. Our root canal treatment cost is so affordable that it will never hurt your budget. Therefore, if you are suffering from tooth decay or any other kind of oral infection, and looking for best root canal surgery, then we can definitely help you out. Our dentists in Salt Lake City, and Sugar House UT can perform the root canal surgery in just 40 – 45 minutes.
You can give us a call
or can shoot us a mail at
to book an appointment. You can also visit us directly at
2120 S 700 E suite i, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, United States
. We assure you that our dentists will perform the root canal procedure with the utmost dedication.