You must be wondering how you can have dazzling white teeth and a beautiful smile with the ability to melt the hearts of even the sworn in enemies. Well, the simple solution is ‘teeth whitening’. In this blog, we have tried answering the top 5 questions on teeth whitening.
- What Is Teeth Whitening and Bleaching?
Teeth whitening and bleaching is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures. The process involves removing the stains and discolorations from the surface of the teeth. The procedure is not at all complicated and doesn’t involve any pain.
It is done either by polishing the teeth or by following a process known as microabrasion. Scientifically speaking, teeth whitening is the way of making the teeth lighter. A talented cosmetic dentist can help you decide what is the best way to get your teeth whitened.
- What Options Are There For Getting Teeth Whitened?
According to the dentists, there are mainly three ways to get the teeth whitened. They are as follows–
- Over The Counter Bleaching- As per the dentists, this the most simple way to whiten the pale and discolored teeth. During the process, dentists make use of crest white strips or Ultradent Tres White to get the job done.
- Dentist Supervised At-Home Bleaching- This process involves making impressions of the teeth of the patients and fabricating a custom-made whitening tray. The dentists then advise the patients on how and when to wear the trays. However, reports suggest that the best time to wear the trays is during the night time. This is because the patients produce less saliva when they are asleep.
The reason why it is better to wear these trays at night is, the saliva produced doesn’t dilute the bleaching agents. Thus, it won’t become ineffective.
- In-Office Bleaching- In-office bleaching is also known as deep bleaching. The process involves visiting a dentist twice for an hour or two. The appointments are usually fixed two weeks apart from each other.
- Does Teeth Whitening Hurt?
People who have opted for teeth whitening have expressed their views that it has made their teeth sensitive in nature. Dentists also say that one of the common side effects of teeth whitening is sensitivity. An expert cosmetic dentist not only whitens your teeth but also help patients overcome their sensitivity. Generally, it is possible to treat almost all the side effects of teeth whitening.
- How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last?
The result of teeth whitening lasts for a few years, around 5-6 years. But the fact of the matter is, it entirely depends on your diet schedule and how many acidic and staining foods and beverages one consumes. The lower the quantity, the longer the impact will last. Dentists sometimes also use whitening gel to touch up and enhance the smile of the patient as and when required.
Therefore, if you are a resident of Salt Lake, City or Sugar House, looking forward to taking the beauty of your smile to the next level, then we at Salt Lake Dental can definitely help you! Our expert cosmetic dentist, Dr. Tysen B. Carter has earned himself a name all over Utah as one of the best cosmetic dentists. There is no way you would get disappointed!
You can dial our number +1 385-257-9303 or shoot us a mail at saltlakedental.net to book an appointment with us. You can also visit us directly at 2120 700 E suite I, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, USA. We are looking forward to seeing you at our dental office soon!